Sony HT-XT3 2, Great sound. Flawed Software

Perfect partner to my sony screen and ancillaries. Sub can be a bit boomy if the volume creeps up unexpectedly.

Its going to do a good job but wont amaze. Solid build and reliable no fancy tricks but will add an extra boost to your tv sound and to movies. Not a surround sound replacement by any means. Dont buy the next one up it isnt any better and i sent it back, if you have a small to medium room i recommend. It is long so make sure you have the space.

Sony HT-XT3 2.1 Channel TV Base Speaker Compatible for High-Resolution Audio (350 W, S-Master HX, Clear Audio Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, Bluetooth and NFC) – Black

  • Enter your model number
    above to make sure this fits.
  • Music as the artist intended with High-Resolution audio
  • The best of online music with built-in music streaming from Spotify Connect and Google Cast for audio music services
  • Music anywhere anytime with wireless multi-room playback powered by SongPal Link
  • Share your smartphone music in high-quality with wireless LDAC Bluetooth technology
  • An ideal companion for your home cinema setup – supporting a TV up to 65 inch

Amazing sound quality and easy to set up. Great features and everything works well. Being partially deaf, i normally struggle to hear dialogue on the tv and this wonderful box of tricks makes it much clearer. It doesn’t disappoint and is a good investment.

Amazing sound quality and easy to set up. Great features and everything works well. Being partially deaf, i normally struggle to hear dialogue on the tv and this wonderful box of tricks makes it much clearer. It doesn’t disappoint and is a good investment.

Awesome music center & tv sound. This is the product i have been waiting for, it is not a 1000w 7. What it is is a tv speaker and music sound system, with amazing clarity, simple use and good looks. Every individual sound and particularly voices can be heard at moderate sound levels. Whether it is eastenders (why would you?. Wife) or adele live at the albert hall (mp3 on network hard drive dlna) the clarity is amazing, but if it’s saving private ryan on blu-ray (d-day landing scene) it is not a full cinematic effect, although you will be able to hear every syllable spoken, as never before. This unit is perfect for about 95% of the tv watching, music listening (network storage mp3 & streaming) and a maximum of 2 blu-ray a week. It is unobtrusive, elegant and simple to use. My old, much loved, harman kardon home cinema was amazing for about 10% of what we used it for, the other 90%, it was a complicated, somewhat underwhelming & limited (for £799) & lots of wired speakers.

Sony HT-XT3 2.1 Channel TV Base Speaker Compatible for High-Resolution Audio (350 W, S-Master HX, Clear Audio Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, Bluetooth and NFC) – Black : Big, heavy, bulkybut worth it. The sound quality is every bit as good as the hype would have you believe. With my limited technical understanding, it’s all to do with using more frequencies to generate the sound. It claims to have a combined ‘woofer and tweeter’ which makes me image a cloning experiment gone horribly wrong, but in fact it’s an exercise in sound engineering gone incredibly right. The clarity of the sound is quite startling, particularly with spoken word which sounds like they’re there in the room with you. I’m partially deaf and often when watching a dvd with no subtitles available, i miss chunks of dialogue which i just can’t pick up. Assisting deaf people may or may not have been intended as part of the design, but this speaker makes dialogue clearer and i miss less when it’s played through this speaker. I also enjoy the idiosyncracy of playing 20’s jazz on this ultra-modern speaker, enhancing every digitally preserved crackle to such a crisp perfection that it could be the original vinyl on a gramophone, rather than a cd remaster. It’s without doubt a wonderful thing which will massively enhance the pleasure of listening to absolutely everything. The only downside i can think of is it’s sheer size and weight.

amazonuk new
This entry was posted in Speaker Systems and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.